For natural remedy against baby / infant gas, wind or even colic Cumin seed water provides great relief.
My mother suggested to give him Cumin, that’s what she used to give me. Boil a 200 ml cup of water, add to one teaspoon of Cumin seeds, let stand for 15 minutes, drain and cool. Add sugar if needed. You can give it straight out of the bottle, dropper or add a few teaspoons into formula. Works wonders!!! My baby stopped crying immediately.
Benefits of the use of cumin water:
- it minimizes constipation – natural wind relief
- cools down the body heat
- it flavors water – some babies actually like it very much
Preparation of cumin seed water:
- boil water in a pot when it starts to boil drop cumins in a spice bag or directly into the pot
- switch off and don’t allow the cumin to boil if u put directly then filter the water
- use it within 7 hours or it will get bacterial growth
Some say you should only give it to your baby when he/she is one month old – although others suggest you may feed it to the baby in a small dose in the 2nd-3rd week, nearly a month. A little goes a long way!
If you are breastfeeding you can also try try stopping eating dairy products or at least reduce it.