One of the newest types of fireplaces on the market is the bioethanol fireplace. This fireplace offers a number of welcoming benefits. Bioethanol fireplaces offer a number of setups and new designs to help you create a beautiful, environmentally friendly and relatively inexpensive fireplace in your home. These fireplaces were first introduced in 2005 and their popularity continues to grow. Bioethanol fireplaces offer a number of benefits compared to traditional fireplaces. however, they also have their own set of nuances to consider. Continue reading to learn about the pros and cons that bioethanol fireplaces offered and how they stack up against their common competitors like a gel fuel fireplace.
– The Advantages of Bioethanol Fireplaces
Ethanol fireplaces pros and their items offer a number of advantages when compared to traditional propane or wood burning fireplaces.
* Clean Burning – Ethanol burns extremely clean, which means ethanol fireplaces do not require a chimney. Typically, these fireplaces are safe to use in enclosed areas. Conversely, a wood burning stove or fireplace emits smoke and toxins that can be harmful and even fatal. It should be noted that these fireplaces can deplete oxygen levels within the room. Therefore, you need to ensure that fresh air can enter the room. You can do this by either opening a window or opening a door to other areas of the home. When installing, ensure that you follow the installation recommendations to keep you safe and healthy.
* Zero Cleanup – Ethanol is a clean burning fuel, which means that you will not have to deal with the soot or ashes from a traditional wood burning fireplace. Additionally, it will not be necessary to clean the fireplace and chimney or have them inspected regularly for buildup.
* Minimal Fuel Storage – The bioethanol used in fireplaces are available in quart sized containers, which means they are easy to store and will not attract bugs or animals like wood does. You can find bioethanol fuel in most home stores, hardware stores and on Amazon.
* Portability – Ethanol fireplaces are portable and can be used both indoors and outdoors. This means that you can use your fireplace in multiple locations in your home, including on your porch, patio or indoors. Bioethanol fireplaces offer great flexibility, which is an awesome advantage compared to fixed fireplaces like masonry wood burning fireplaces.
* Supplemental Heat – Bioethanol fireplaces do provide some heat, but not enough to be used as a primary heating source. These fireplaces are considered supplemental heat sources. You can find out more information by reading this article.
* Environmentally Friendly – Bioethanol is an environmentally friendly fuel that reduces the amount of fossil fuel emissions and decreases the number of trees that are harvested for heating purposes.
* Low Fire Risk – Bioethanol does not produce embers. The fireplaces are easy to fil. All you need is a funnel to help you pour the fuel into the fireplace. Then, you will use a grill lighter or long matchstick to light the fireplace. When the fuel is ignited, you may hear a pop or a whoosh for a moment.
* Easy Extinguishing – These fireplaces often come with a snuffer to extinguish the flame. Because ethanol can evaporate quickly, you should not leave a significant amount of fuel in the fireplace.
* Aesthetics – The modern look of an ethanol fireplace can help to create a beautiful room. These fireplaces are perfect to create an ambient setting for special occasions and gatherings.
* Inexpensive Installations – Typically, you will not have any installation costs associated with a bioethanol fireplace. There are several different choices, including tabletop fireplaces and wall mounted fireplaces. Both of these are often viewed as a work of art, rather than just a heating source due to their beauty.
* Expense – The cost of an ethanol fireplace can be expensive; however, if you have an inoperable gas or wood fireplace, an ethanol fireplace can save you money. Ethanol fireplace inserts are much easier and cheaper to install than other types of fireplace inserts.
As you can see, the benefits of bioethanol fireplaces far outweigh the few cons. These fireplaces can create a beautiful work of art at a fraction of the price of other types of fireplaces. Furthermore, ethanol fireplaces are much safer than other types of fireplaces.